SENIOR FINANCIAL PLANNING ASSOCIATE
Sterling Financial Group
Are you looking to join a growing multi-generational firm that is searching for a financial planning professional who wants to grow with them? We are an established firm that has been successfully practicing in Northern New Jersey for 29 years. Due to our growth and goal of creating opportunities for professionals seeking a career track with an opportunity to become an equity owner, we have a position open for a qualified candidate.
Helping our clients achieve what is most important to them is our primary focus. The members of our firm work in a team environment that encourages innovation, learning, a passion to serve our clients, and each member to grow.
What you will do:
- Work with clients, under the supervision of Lead Advisor, to create and update financial plans.
- Obtain information and prepare risk profiles and investment policy statements.
- Prepare presentations and necessary materials for client meetings.
- Participate in all client meetings, assist in answering questions, and following up with client needs.
- Work with the team to implement the financial plan and investment solutions.
- Be an active firm member by continuing to build a best-in practice firm focused on clients and helping each other grow.
What we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree and CFP® designation (or progress working to sit for the CFP® exam).
- 4+ years in the financial planning/wealth management profession.
- Experience serving and interacting with clients.
- A strong commitment to the financial planning profession.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of financial planning software, Salesforce, custodial platforms.
- Passion to serve clients, enjoy working in a small firm environment, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Salary and bonus.
- 401k plan with employer contribution.
- Employee benefits (e.g., Health insurance, cafeteria plan, long-term disability, life insurance).
- Financial support for continuing education and conferences.
- Financial support for CFP® exam prep course and CFP® exam.